The Lennard Clinic (formerly Essex Substance Abuse) was founded in June 1984 as a nonprofit opioid treatment provider in the city of Newark, New Jersey.
Since its inception TLC has expanded its opioid treatment programs in Essex and Union counties.
In over 20 years experience, TLC has provided opportunities for thousands of clients to
reduce criminal activities, decrease illicit drug use, gain employment, attend school, training, and other productive endeavors.
TLC is a New Jersey licensed facility and is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for opioid treatment programs.
It is the mission of TLC to assist Opioid abusers in Essex and Union counties to reduce illicit substance abuse, address mental health disorders, decrease criminal activities, enhance health conditions and improve socioeconomic positions.
To become an organization supported by a culture that demonstrates a total commitment to improving behavioral health outcomes of our clients to the benefit of all of our stakeholders.
The pursuit of this Vision is guided by DIRECT values. They are as follows:CORPORATE VALUES (D.I.R.E.C.T.)
- DIGNIFIED - treating clients with human dignity and consideration for their individuality, encouraging staff to conduct themselves professionally, according to established ethical guidelines, both in and out of the workplace.
- INCLUSIVE - involving clients, staff and community members in the organizational and programmatic decision making process to assure that appropriate treatment is geared to meet clients’ needs.
- RESPECTFUL - motivating both clients and staff to show mutual respect for one another.
- EMPATHETIC - displaying a clear and real understanding for the feelings and experiences of individuals with opioid dependent disorders.
- CARING - attending to the needs and demands of both clients and staff alike with sensitivity to emotions, expectations and individual differences.
- TENACIOUS - using every available resource to insure high quality, comprehensive treatment by a motivated staff to produce the desired outcome in the client.